Constantly coming up with new things to create can be tough. Whether you're a blogger, an artist, an author, or whatever... constantly creating new content can be quite the challenge. So, if you're stumped like I often get, here's a list of things that you can do right now to get your creative juices flowing again so that you can focus on doing what you do best... creating!
50 Ways To Inspire Creativity
1. Go for a walk.
3. Watch YouTube videos.
5. Write in your journal.
6. Watch a documentary.
7. Read blog posts.
8. Browse through Pinterest.
9. Go to a museum.
10. Go to an art gallery.
11. Go to a dance performance.
12. Watch dance videos online.
13. Take a bath.
14. Take a shower.
15. Listen to classical music.
16. Listen to electronic dance music.
17. Watch a TED Talk (or 10).
18. Have a solo dance party.
19. Record yourself talking about ideas and concepts aloud.
20. Record yourself improvising and watch it back (dancing, acting, etc.)
21. Look at street art.
22. Do something crafty (knitting, scrapbooking, etc.)
23. Make a vision board.
24. Cook something that takes longer than 15 minutes to make.
25. Wash the dishes.
26. Tidy your space.
27. Do yoga!
28. Go for a run.
29. Go to the gym.
30. Do a HIIT workout.
31. Watch mindless television (not for too long, though!).
32. Read a non-fiction & motivational book.
33. Read a book about your field of work.
34. Look at examples of people succeeding in your field of work.
35. List things that you're passionate about.
36. Get yourself a coffee.
37. Sit in a cafe and people watch.
38. Look out the window.
39. Browse beautiful photos on Instagram.
40. Window shop (I don't mean go buy a window, I mean go shopping without buying).
41. Take a drive.
42. Go for a bike ride.
43. Pick up a new hobby.
44. Make a cup of tea.
45. Have a conversation with another creative person.
46. Create a mind map.
47. Build something.
48. Fix something.
49. Do a handstand or headstand.
50. Do a random act of kindness.
Honestly, most of these are just ways to get out of your own head and take your mind off the fact that you have to create something. This usually relaxes you a bit, which is better for creativity.
Girl On Yoga is a blog about yoga, lifestyle, and healthy / mindful living. If you have any questions that you'd like answered on the blog, submit them here.
Girl On Yoga Updates